Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: bump for cartel fighters in the rankings

Leigh/Aaron - why would you say Rushton still top five in rankings when he lost badly last night? (and it WAS badly. he got pummelled on his feet. he got a decent takedown and a sub attempt but IMO that was all, not one real shot landed. Dan took him down to begin with! and its no shame about the cut, Dan hit him with venom and thats what happen when you block a punch with your head, you get cut)

Danny is a nice guy and a good fighter but come on guys, three fights (2-1) after a lengthy period of inactivity does NOT rate you top five against guys like Tan, Mason, Liaudin etc etc who have all been out there working it hard. you might even argue Berik (who is 4-0 in his last four outings) could be ranked higher!

Dress it up as you like, but you are not looking at this objectively.

Aaron, why is Jess L below Jenkins and Doski on your ranks when he has beaten both these guys by stoppage within the last few months? (Jenks by KO and Doski by TKO)

Also, why is everyone so despersate for Jason Tan to fight outside of Liverpool? He is getting a mix of good opponents (not always easy, he destroyed a guy it took Paul Daley 15 mins to decision)... it has also been proved he has not needed or enjoyed favourable judging or refereeing, plus he can sell tickets and guarantee himself a decent income. makes sense IMO for him to fight where he is, Caged Gladiators is a professional promotion and they treat him well.

Ross

You made that statement loud and clear matt!!

Quote Originally Posted by Matt T
    Heard all this shit before. At the end of the day I have been out for ten months after having major back surgery and last night I came back to the WW division to make a statement and that is just what I did. I am back and I am here to stay!!!
    Congratulations on your win last night, Matt. Yes, you have made a statement, which even I understood. Very impressive performance and I hope you make your way to the top.

PS: You %$&%%$ broke my nose!!!!
    :wall
    Pain is temporary, Pride is forever!

German Vale Tudo - German Top Team - GTT Shop

2 Sexy Co-Founder
    Has Grit, lots of it

I made a really long, well thought out post for this thread, explaining where I thought each person might move based on fights since MMAlien's last rankings made in July. then I could no longer get into the site and I lost it. So here's the Readers Digest version ...

Matt Thorpe should move up 1 or 2 places and Jess could possibly take Jason Tan or Lee Doski's place based on recent performances. I don't think any others need to change place.

DROC
    "You've got a lot of opinions for someone who's not on there!"
    Michael Bisping
    "Showed a lot of grit" - Ian Butlin

I AM AFFILIATED TO MMAES

Some of the arguements in this thread (especally on page 2) have more holes than a colander.

In Short

Matt T did great
    Hardy/Rushton settled some questions

Not sure i argee with some of the rankings...but free country etc etc

It was great to see the Cartel back at CW. Matt T and Rushton are 2 very humble and likeable people. The Cartel are a professional fight team and it shows. Whilst it was great to see the alledged former amatuer boxing star Ian Butlin rack up another submission victory. Give that boy his purple belt

As for some of the views on this thread (and especally those views on other shows)...i got my views but i can't be bothered spending the next week in hiding, so i'll keep em to myself and see what happens

"The UK's Lyoto Machida - Hit and Run, Baby" widge milward's Avatar

man rape! end of story!
    You can't put a limit on anything. The more you dream, the farther you get

Team Colosseum

2 Sexy Co-Founder
    Has Grit, lots of it

What I don't understand is what people are basing their current rankings on, I think that we should use MMAlien's July ones as a starting point (see below) and work from there. Not everyone will agree with these rankings but they're a decent starting point and they'll get closer to the truth as people fight more.

1 Paul "Semtex" Daley
    2 Dan "The Outlaw" Hardy
    3 Phil Norman
    4 Jim Wallhead
    5 Ross "The Boss" Mason
    6 Dany "The Smiling Assassin" Rushton
    7 Paul "Hands Of Stone" Jenkins
    8 Matt "12 Gauge" Thorpe
    9 Lee Doski
    10 Jason Tan

Since then, the only people to have significant wins are Matt Thorpe and Jess, Doski and Tan have both lost so IMO MATT should jump to 6 and Jess to 9.

In which case the new rankings will look like this ...

1 Paul "Semtex" Daley
    2 Dan "The Outlaw" Hardy
    3 Phil Norman
    4 Jim Wallhead
    5 Ross "The Boss" Mason
    6 Matt "12 Gauge" Thorpe
    7 Dany "The Smiling Assassin" Rushton
    8 Paul "Hands Of Stone" Jenkins
    9 Jess Liaudin
    10 Lee Doski

DROC
    Michael Bisping

I AM AFFILIATED TO MMAES

Jess,

You will probably moan at me for this. but where do you see yourself in the Rankings?

After all you have 8 losses in your last 12 fights and at 1 stage you were 2-8 in a series of 10 fights between may 2002 and sept 05 (Admittly against very good fighters)

Who do you think you will beat in that top 10?

2 Sexy Co-Founder
    Has Grit, lots of it

Jess, like I said I was using the existing rankings as a starting point, which were in July. Now, you can disagree with them which I'm sure you do and so did I but we need to start somewhere.

I've added you into the mix because you were most likely ranked just outside the top 10 (not my rankings, like I said) and since then you've beaten Jenkins so you jump up 2 places.

Danny was already ranked higher than you and you've done nothing to overtake him, yet. He lost this weekend but against a guy who was higher than him so it made little difference except that Matt T jumps above him with his win over Peter.

Aaron, I agree, I don't understand why Ross is ranked so high, or Phil but that's the way MMAlien did it at the time and many people agreed with his rankings. I don't think anyone's personal rankings will ever be perfect but again, they're a good starting point and as more fights happen they will even out.

DROC
    Michael Bisping

I AM AFFILIATED TO MMAES

Quote Originally Posted by ghettograppling
    As i said, i dont give a fuck really. In fact i see myslef behind: Daley, Hardy, Norman, Mason ect.. As for who i think i would beat in that top 10, well every body, and i guess every body feel the same, that is the reason WE are fighter and that we fight, because we want to be the best.
    Fair enough

As for me getting some loss, well you said it yourself, it was agains top guys, i never been lucky enough to have a promotion looking after me like some other did (and YOU know what i am talking about).
    I think i do.

Whene Ross & Sol drop to welter they got got to fight some average oponent to see how they would do, whene i drop to welter (a win in shootboxing in JPN and split decision to shonie carter), i got ask to fight MW to fight Matt E who was killing every body at the time.
    Maybe you shouldn't fight for that promotion if you are techically accusing them of some kind of Cronyism/nepotism?

But what you are saying doesnt changed what i said befor anyway. As i said, it doesnt really matter to me "reall" fighters respect me and that s all i car about, but it seem as peoples are using ranking to promot there guy at any cost. That is my point.
    But people will use whatever facts they can find to promote themsleves or their people it's natural?